Importing Data into Sage Fund Accounting
Bringing data electronically into your accounting system can save valuable time, as well as help assure the accuracy of the information itself. This process typically falls into one of two categories -
- Data Imports - one-time information being transferred from your existing accounting system or an electronic worksheet.
- Data Interface - recurring information imported into Sage Fund Accounting (formerly MIP) from another software program.
DWD has specialists that are available to help with either type of service.
When setting up a new Sage Fund Accounting database or adding additional modules to an existing one, many of our clients choose to import information rather than re-key it. Examples include -
- Vendors & Customers - ID #'s, names, account #'s, addresses, phone numbers, terms, 1099 information, etc.
- Transaction History - prior year(s) information ( actual and/or budget) in either summary or detail, thus allowing comparative financials to be run immediately from the new software.
- Payroll Data - ID #'s, names, addresses, SSN's, pay rates, benefit codes, deduction codes, leave codes, tax information, etc.
- Fixed Assets - tag numbers, descriptions, locations, acquisition costs, useful lives, depreciation methods, accumulated depreciation balances, warranty information, replacement costs, etc.
- Chart of Accounts - general ledger codes, programs, grants, locations, departments, reporting units, projects, etc.
As can be seen from the following information, the above list is certainly not all-inclusive.
Information That Can Be Imported Into Sage Fund Accounting
A/P Credit Memos
A/P Manual Checks
A/P Credit Memos
A/R Credit Memos
Chart of Accounts
Offset Account Assignments
Customer Ship Address Header
Accounts Receivable Billing
One Time Charges Information
Acquisition, Location, Responsibility
& Valuation Codes
Custom Depreciation Codes
Processing Group Codes
Workers' Comp Codes
State Tax Codes
Local Tax Codes
P.O Item Codes
Bill of Materials Content
Sales Order Entry